Saturday, May 19, 2007

Here piggy, piggy, piggy

I've got a confession to make, these aren't so much as 'daily' as I have a stockpile of sketches I've been doing since March-ish. I think I may have peaked on the abstract art with my charcoal lines. I still don't mind doing them, they are really just a form of relaxation for me. Most of these drawings are done before I go to bed at night. I don't think they are works of art per-say, but they are the result of my thoughts at the end of the day.

I guess I could get pretty artsy and make up something along the lines of, "These sketches are the culmination of my daily feelings and activities put to paper. It is my visual diary of my emotions of the day. I try to capture what I've felt through the day and immortalize it on paper." That sounds pretty good actually, it does sound a little like BS, but there is some truth to it. I love talking to artist at outdoor arts shows and whatnot, they have such great stories about the pictures. Some are interesting and you can get to peek inside their head. Others sound like total bollocks and feels like they are making it up on the spot.

Can't really remember how this started but it ended up looking like a pig to me. The shape of the head can also be a torso as well. I may have started out like that, but oh well. At any rate here's my picture for today, hope you enjoy it.


No comments: