Sunday, October 21, 2007

Back to Basics


Life is still busy. My interest in Illustration Friday has tapered off. I wasn't in a good head space to really come up with something good/interesting/witty with the last few topics. Also, I haven't been nuts about the topics either.


At any rate, (I think I say that a lot). Here's an older one just in case there is anyone out there that comes by semi-frequently (if you do I'd love to hear from you). I think I'm going to go back to drawing these abstract charcoals. They seem more moody to me than some of the other digital work I was doing.

2 comments:

thisisnotabloggerblog3 said...

I got to your blog via Illustration Friday. It seems you have stopped for some reason. Don't.
By what I've seen on your blog, you have the drive to be creative, and in my opinion that's the most important thing.
I myself have just started drawing again after many years. And if there is one single advice I can give you is this: draw, draw, draw and then draw some more.
Grab a pencil and a bunch of paper and draw. Observe what's around you and try to put it on paper. The results hardly matter. What really matters is the doing.
Actually that quote on your profile says it all. There is a ton of wisdom in that.
If you don't feel happy with the way you are drawing, keep doing it... sooner than later you start noticing improvement.
But don't be too hard on yourself.
There will always be more talented people than you. But what matters most is being able to satisfy yourself, not others.

Cheers!

Anonymous said...

The universe has unfolded as it should and brought me here. You're so incredibly talented - love the charcoals.

Cheers,
Poopypants