Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Illustration Friday - Emergency


OK, well after two weeks of very weak digital entries for Illustration Friday on my part I decided to go back to basics. I pulled out the coloured conte sticks and just let it flow.


Here are my thoughts around this week's challenge and my response. When you have this big emergency happening (and I have had a few in the last twelve months) there's all this commotion around you. The emergency is staring you in the face ready to consume you. It's big and scary and your adrenaline is pumping. Yet, you can focus and be calm. Thoughts become sharp like razors. Know what you have to do and execute it. This is how came to my image for this week.


An interesting side note, I could see anger being very similar to danger. Maybe more red. But instead of a focus the middle is empty.


Let me know your thoughts, and please check out the rest of my blog by clicking on the header. I warn you though, my last two are slightly embarrassing. I was going to delete them, but I figured it's a good reminder of how things can go bad.

1 comment:

steve said...

Great lines going on here--a unique way to express the current topic! Don't worry about your previous couple of posts either--this is a good way to log your progress and occasional difficulties with art-making. Keep trying new things while staying true to what you enjoy doing the most.