Thursday, August 9, 2007

Illustration Friday - Missing


Here's a late entry for Illustration Friday. I wasn't going to do anything this week because I wanted to do an illustration that was more refined. I couldn't let this idea go though, so I just roughed it out in a sketch then into Photoshop. Sadly again, this took me longer that it probably should have.


At any rate, here's my entry for Illustration Friday - Missing: Missing Opportunities.


As an aside, I think I've peaked with Photoshop for now. Instead of progressing my skill I feel like I'm regressing. Instead of getting better and more complex, I feel like I'm getting worse and more simplistic. I'm really not nuts about the execution on this one. Ugh.


Well let me know what you think.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

pretty cool.

i use paintshop pro, cuz photoshop is too expensive for me. every day i discover new things on my paintshop that i think, omg, if only i'd known about this when i made [insert some previous illo, here].

drawing with a mouse is very hard to do. i might decide to splurge on a wacom before the year is out.

but there is something about sketching with a pencil, and following with thick black ink that no computer can replace. dunno what that is, but i love the feeling of ink on paper.