Monday, July 16, 2007

Little Buddy


OK, here's my Little Buddy. I'm not sure what I'm going to name him yet, so for now that's his name. I think I've finally found 'my character'. You know the one that you always draw. I've been looking for him for a while. Hopefully he's going to stick around.


Little Buddy started off as a sketch for Illustration Friday - Geeky. I was going to do some over the top Japanese type characters and use them as my Geeky entry. Needless to say, that didn't happen. Instead I found my Little Buddy. He didn't look Japanese per say, maybe more French or the New Retro style. Needing the practice I pulled him into Illustrator and tried to ink and colour him. It wasn't easy, but not that hard either. I'm pleased with the results.


I'm trying to get used to drawing him. I find it insanely hard to redraw the same thing over and over again. I've tried it on the train but he becomes a little wiggly. If anyone has some good tips on how to redraw characters freehand I'd appreciate it!

No comments: